Special Projects Support
Purpose and Objective: Help the Volunteers and Activities Team implement special, fun projects for our seniors as needed basis.
Location: Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center, 1525 4th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
Responsibilities may include:
- Packing giftbags
- Creating activity kits
- Making gift baskets for our housing clients
- Decorating our sites
- Setting up refreshments
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Complete volunteer application and pass background check
- Able to lift and carry items
- Interest in being creative
- Transportation to and from our site
- Modest, comfortable clothes. You may have to bend down and carry items from one location to another.
- Masks required
- During business hours (8:30 am – 4:00 pm) Monday - Friday and (8:00am - 2:00pm) Saturday - Sunday
- If you are interested in this opportunity and a special project is currently not available, we will record your interest and reach out when one is available.
Training and Support provided:
- General volunteer training, plus ongoing guidance related to project tasks