Walking Group Champion
Join our senior walking group for a 45–60-minute walk around the downtown area. Enjoy fresh air, visit scenic and historic sites in downtown San Diego and get to know our seniors! You will be providing support to the Walking Group Guide (as needed).
Location: Start and end at the Gary and Mary West Senior Wellness Center, 1525 Fourth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101. Walking route varies; navigation provided by the Walking Group Guide.
- Accompany our senior walking group for the full duration of their walk
- Carry a backpack with water bottles, snacks, and first aid kit (provided)
- Do your best to ensure the walk is an enjoyable experience for all group members
- Assist the Walking Group Guide as needed
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Complete a volunteer application and pass a background check
- Ability to walk continuously for one hour
- Dependable, responsible, and friendly
- Enjoys spending time with seniors and exploring the city
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30am-11:00am
- Walking group leaves at 9:00am and returns by 10:30am.
- You may serve in this role one time or on a recurring basis
- Open to volunteer groups or individuals
Training and Support provided:
- Preliminary training and ongoing support will be provided as needed from the Volunteer and Activities Team