Case Manager/Supportive Housing (PFSR)
Job Title: Case Manager/Supportive Housing (PFSR)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Health & Social Services
Assignment Category: Regular, Full-Time
Hours per day: 8
Location: Varies, based on Addendum
Reports to one: Supportive Housing Manager
Who We Are
Established in 1970, Serving Seniors helps San Diego County’s low-income seniors overcome poverty through whole-person, wraparound support including meals, housing, health and social services, and enrichment activities. We work at numerous sites across the county and in the homes of hundreds of homebound seniors. Our flagship Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center in downtown San Diego is unlike any other senior center in the nation. Bringing together a range of supportive services under one roof, the Senior Wellness Center operates 365 days a year and offers two floors of integrated care, including health and social services, housing navigation, enrichment activities, lifelong learning, a Cyber Café and linkage to over 25 onsite direct service partners, including a senior dental center. Last fiscal year, we provided over 1,400,000 meals and coordinated services to 6,800 older adults.
Our Mission: Helping seniors in poverty live healthy and fulfilling lives.
Our Vision: All seniors, regardless of income, are able to thrive, engage in their communities, lead purposeful lives, and have a place they call home.
Our Core Values:
Advocacy - Acknowledging and supporting the needs of older adults at the individual, community, and policy-level.
Person-Centered - Seeing the whole person, providing coordinated support, and treating all with dignity and respect.
Integrity – Representing the values of honesty, trust, and transparency within our community.
Compassion & Empathy – Approaching our work with a heartfelt desire to better understand and serve.
Impact – Measuring and evaluating programs to ensure that for every dollar invested, there is a positive impact in the lives of those we serve.
Inclusive – Promoting an environment that nurtures differences and allows individuals to be their entire, authentic selves.
Top Workplace Award Recipient
Serving Seniors has received the San Diego Union-Tribune’s Top Workplaces Award nine out of the ten years the awards program has taken place, and most recently for four years in a row from 2019-2022.
The Health Educator is responsible for providing health assessments, case management, and health education to older adults accessing services at the Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center, supportive housing, communities, congregate dining sites, or other settings throughout San Diego County, while maintaining quality client care and respecting client confidentiality.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Connects clients to both in-house and community resources.
- Provides information on community health and welfare resources and acts as a liaison between community service providers and clients, including referrals to Serving Seniors Health Educators
- Updates and manages community resources listings.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures, provides excellent customer service, and demonstrates ability to work in an inter-disciplinary setting.
- Provides advocacy and outreach to the community and fellow stakeholders.
- Manages a caseload dependent upon both walk-in and appointment hours.
- Demonstrates commitment to the values, vision, and mission of Serving Seniors
- Develops and implements a plan of care for clients’ unmet needs including supportive referrals to other community-based agencies.
- Conducts Universal Senior Assessment as applicable.
- Represents Serving Seniors at community meetings specific to older the adult population.
- Effectively communicates with multidisciplinary team members through regular coordination.
- Recognizes how individual performance affects overall agency goals and objectives
- Completes efficient, timely and accurate documentation of all client efforts, interactions, referrals, and data entry into various software programs (Case Worthy, Teams)
- Complies with budgetary guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job; may require a degree in a specialized field, e.g., social work.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to establish rapport.
- Strongly defined sense of professional boundaries
- Ability to think critically, solve problems creatively, and effectively assist clients in difficult situations.
- A positive attitude, desire to learn and grow, and aspirations to lead.
- Ability to maintain professional capacity during crisis situations.
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, a sense of responsibility, ability to use good judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team-based approach, multi-task, and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external partners.
- High level of proficiency in web-based systems, Microsoft Office, and other client Record Management systems
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time whilst meeting with clients and is regularly exposed to the normal risks of working in an office environment.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.