Client Services Coordinator
Job Title: Client Services Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Nutrition Programs and VP of Health and Social Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assignment Category – Regular, full-time
Department: Nutrition/Health & Social Services
Hours per day: 8 hours
Serving Seniors Client Services Coordinator (CSC) is receiving and responding to all incoming client calls in a timely manner and connecting clients to services at Serving Seniors and in the broader community.
The (CSC) supports the smooth operation of the Nutrition and Health and Social Service departments through a wide variety of assignments. The (CSC) is responsible for processing and routing communication between clients, drivers, and supporting staff by responding to phone calls, emails and sending out communications accordingly and efficiently. Additionally, the (CSC) builds positive meaningful rapport with clients, as they will interact with clients frequently. This is a key role in centralized communications relevant to overall Serving Seniors operations.
- Respond to incoming calls and web inquiries for services
- Navigate multiple sources of information and provide most up-to-date information with confidence
- Process client’s requests when receiving incoming calls to schedule and route meals to clients
- Utilize Samsara routing software to identify status of home-delivered meals
- Communicate with home-delivered meal drivers and congregate site staff regarding client meal delivery status and requests
- Conduct basic assessments telephonically for nutrition and health and social service clients
- Screen potential Transitional Housing Program (THP) candidates to determine eligibility
- Identify and accurately refer clients to appropriate community resources that may address the clients' additional health and social needs
- Perform administrative activities including, but not limited to, routine office, clerical and customer service duties
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Experience providing excellent customer service is required
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required
- High School Diploma required, Associate's Degree preferred
- Experience working with older adults preferred
- Administrative experience preferred
- Previous experience with office reception and/or multi-line phones preferred
- Ability to think critically, solve problems creatively, and effectively assist clients in difficult situations
- A positive attitude, desire to learn and grow and aspirations to lead
- A focus on the growth and well-being of people and the communities to which they belong
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of proficiency in web-based systems, Microsoft Office, and other Client Record Management systems
- Ability to organize work, direct, set priorities and effectively accomplishes required duties with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent, quality customer service
- Ability to develop professional, cooperative working relationship with clients, client’s families, other employees and volunteers
- Communicates and cooperates with drivers for efficient daily operations
- Competent English grammar and composition skills, bilingual English/Spanish
- Basic record-keeping methods applicable to delivery functions
- Basic arithmetic (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Proactive and problem-solving
- Clear, neat handwriting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and in-house computer software
- Typing/keyboarding at 40 wpm
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee must be able to stand for up to 3 hours at a time. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift, push or pull up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks associated with working in an office setting.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.
Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.