Community Outreach Case Manager
Are you looking to make a positive impact in your local community? Do you enjoy serving individuals who are below the poverty level? Then Serving Seniors is looking for you! We are a non-profit organization that has been part of the San Diego community for over 50 years.
We are always looking for individuals who have a heart for serving our older adult clients. Persons who are fulfilled by helping others. Currently we are hiring for Community Outreach Case Manager. The rate for this position is $22-$24/hour DOE. This is a PART TIME position.
Some things you'll get to do:
- Serves as a liaison between Serving Seniors and other local senior housing communities assisting the Chinese community, providing information on available services at the Gary and Mary West Senior Wellness Center as well as providing direct assistance as needed.
- Conducts outreach within the Center to inform and educate older adults on relevant subject matter.
- Provides translation assistance for lunch announcements, presentations, activities and other programming opportunities for the Chinese community.
- Facilitates the coordination of Chinese-speaking volunteers, in conjunction with the Director of Activities & Volunteers.
- Represents Serving Seniors at community meetings specific to the Chinese-speaking older adult population.
- Develops and implements a plan of care for Chinese-speaking clients’ unmet needs, including supportive referrals to other community-based agencies.
- Manages a caseload dependent upon both walk-in and appointment hours.
- Conducts Universal Senior Assessments and Home Delivered Meal (HDM) reassessments as applicable.
What you bring to us:
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in social work or gerontology.
- Previous experience in a social work setting with older adults preferred
- Mandarin fluency
Why our current employees enjoy working for us:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Serving Seniors pays 100% of employees medical & dental coverage. (For employees who qualify for benefits)
- We offer paid holidays and paid time off to all employees
- We offer a floating holiday to all employees
- We offer up to a 3% match on 403(b) retirement plans, to all employees
- We’ve been voted a best place to work for over three years in San Diego
- We are a stable company with over 50 years of experience
- We have served thousands of older adults throughout San Diego County making a positive impact and providing a higher quality of life to these individuals
Please note all candidates considered for employment will have to pass a background check, pre-employment health screening and drug test. We also request a Covid-19 vaccine card from all employees.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.
Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.