Facilities Operation Lead
Job Title: Facilities Operation Lead
Department: Facilities Team
Reports to: Facilities Supervisor
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly 40 hours per week
The Facilities Operation Lead, reports to the Facilities Supervisor. The general responsibilities include the basic security of the Wellness Center. The Facilities Operation Lead serves as a liaison to the facilities team to keep them organized and streamline processes to reduce costs and improve productivity for the department. Some janitorial duties are included as needed.
- During daily duties, this position will be one of the first employees clients see when they enter the center.
- Controls access to the facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner to expedite their admittance to the site.
- Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful, and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate; monitors remote entrances using closed-circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
- Patrols assigned site on foot; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage and provides direction or information to others.
- Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and acts as required.
- Create reports
- Conduct daily audits, to ensure shortage control, safety, and all other Loss Prevention policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Handle and identify any security/safety-related issues.
- Collaborate with supervisor to be an effective partner for business needs
- Create and dispatch Work Orders required for scheduling of planned maintenance and service
- Monitor and follow up on work orders
- Administer the check-in/checkout process of technicians in accordance with company safety policy and advise supervisors of any missing/late technicians
- Procure Parts/Materials for service work orders
- Provide Service Quotes to Sup• Schedule and follow up on all monthly maintenance this includes ensuring timely communication with Supervisor
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
- Perform janitorial duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Why our current employees enjoy working for us:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Serving Seniors pays 100% of employees medical & dental coverage. (For employees who qualify for benefits)
- We offer paid holidays and paid time off to all employees
- We offer a floating holiday to all employees
- We offer up to a 3% match on 403(b) retirement plans, to all employees
- We’ve been voted a best place to work for over three years in San Diego
- We are a stable company with over 50 years of experience
- We have served thousands of older adults throughout San Diego County making a positive impact and providing a higher quality of life to these individuals
Education & Skills
- High school Diploma/GED, College Degree preferred.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Exceptional customer service skills and thrives under pressure
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Janitorial & Maintenance operations
- Ability to facilitate a collaborative working environment for clients and team members
Other Skills Include:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Telephone Etiquette
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use).
Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.