Fleet & Logistics Manager
Job Title: Fleet & Logistics Manager
Reports To: Senior Director of Nutrition Programs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Assignment Category: Regular, Full-Time
Job Purpose As the Fleet & Logistics Manager for our home-delivered meals program, this position will play a pivotal role in managing the logistical operations and fleet of vehicles that are essential for the timely and efficient delivery of meals to the older adults we serve. The primary goal is to ensure that our delivery operations run smoothly, allowing us to serve our community effectively and to successfully expand our home-delivered meal program.
This position works closely with the Senior Director of Nutrition, Home-Delivered Meals Manager, and Customer Service Manager on the operations of our home-delivered meal program that provides over one million meals annually.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and operation of the vehicle fleet. Ensure vehicles are safe, reliable, and ready for daily operations.
- Plan and optimize delivery routes to ensure efficient meal distribution. Adjust routes as needed for special circumstances or to improve service.
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics and vehicle maintenance processes.
- Ensure all transportation activities comply with local, state, and federal regulations. Implement and monitor safety protocols for both vehicles and drivers.
- This position will serve as a backup to the Home-Delivered Meal Manager to supervise and schedule drivers, ensuring adequate staffing for all routes. Provide training and support to drivers as needed.
- Oversee the budget for fleet operations, including fuel, maintenance, and vehicle replacement. Seek opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Maintain accurate records of vehicle maintenance, fuel usage, route logs, and delivery confirmations. Provide regular reports on fleet operations and logistics efficiency.
- Works collaboratively with the Data Manager and nutrition team to ensure all software and systems are being utilized effectively and to their full potential.
- Provides reporting and analysis on identified department goals and objectives and identifies areas for growth.
- Develop contingency plans for vehicle breakdowns and other emergencies to minimize disruption to meal delivery services.
- As a mandated reporter for Elder Abuse, report any suspicious circumstances or suspected abuse to Adult Protective Services.
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, ethical behavior, and commitment to the values of Serving Seniors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and key experience to successfully perform the key roles of the job; or five-seven years related fleet logistics experience with a High school Diploma or GED
- Prior experience of working in logistics/transportation function within the automotive environment with comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes.
- Multi-cultural interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English, preferred language skills in Spanish.
- Project management and logistics experience.
- Advanced skills of MS Office applications, specifically, Excel
- Experience working with fleet management systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing priority and schedules.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Drive for high performance.
- Takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks, and uncertainty.
- Strong skills in planning, delegating, predicting, and visualizing.
- Well organized, strong attention to detail, advanced analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a proactive mindset.
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the team.
- Communicate, distribute, report, correspond, and process information.
- Using logic and reason to deliver creative and strategic results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both remotely and face-to-face.
- Must be reliable and responsible.
- A valid California Driver’s License
- Working Conditions
- Onsite position – office provided.
- Position is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds.
Why our current employees enjoy working for us:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Serving Seniors pays 100% of employees medical & dental coverage. (For employees who qualify for benefits)
- We offer paid holidays and paid time off to all employees
- We offer a floating holiday to all employees
- We offer up to a 3% match on 403(b) retirement plans, to all employees
- We’ve been voted a best place to work for over five years in San Diego
- We are a stable company with over 50 years of experience
- We have served thousands of older adults throughout San Diego County making a positive impact and providing a higher quality of life to these individuals
This employer is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action and E-Verify employer.? All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.