Food Service Driver - Frozen Food FT - Central
Are you looking to make a positive impact in your local community? Do you enjoy serving individuals who are below the poverty level? Then Serving Seniors is looking for you! We are a non-profit organization that has been part of the San Diego community for over 50 years.
We are always looking for individuals who have a heart for serving our older adult clients. Persons who are fulfilled by helping others. Currently we are hiring for Food Service Driver. The rate for this position is 18.00 per hour This is a Full Time position Monday - Friday, 8 hours per day.
Some things you'll get to do:
- Perform a variety of routine duties related to the preparation and serving of frozen meals for home deliveries
- Delivers food to the assigned routes
- Picks up and transports food from an offsite storage facility to the main kitchen
- Cleans assigned areas following established practices and procedures
- As a mandated reporter for Elder Abuse, report any suspicious circumstances or suspected abuse to Adult Protective Services
- Maintain routine records related to delivery duties
- Performs daily safety inspection of vehicles and operates vehicle to and from central location
- Obeys traffic laws and observes defensive driving practices
- Wash, fuel and perform minor preventive maintenance of assigned vehicles
- Covers other home-delivered meal routes as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring to us:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid California Driver's License is required
- Experience working with older adults preferred
- Experience working in delivery preferred
- Operation of light vehicles and basic vehicle maintenance procedures
- Obeys all applicable signs of the road, as well as engages in safe, defensive driving techniques
- Basic record-keeping methods applicable to delivery functions
Why our current employees enjoy working for us:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Serving Seniors pays 100% of employees medical & dental coverage. (For employees who qualify for benefits)
- We offer paid holidays and paid time off to all employees
- We offer a floating holiday to all employees
- We offer up to a 3% match on 403(b) retirement plans, to all employees
- We’ve been voted a best place to work for over three years in San Diego
- We are a stable company with over 50 years of experience
- We have served thousands of older adults throughout San Diego County making a positive impact and providing a higher quality of life to these individuals
Please note all candidates considered for employment will have to pass a background check, pre-employment health screening and drug test. We also request a Covid-19 vaccine card from all employees.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.