Food Service Worker - FT Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center
Food Service Worker
Reports To: Food Service Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Assignment Category: Full-Time
Hours per day: 8 hrs/ every other weekend
Salary: $18.00 per hour
Under supervision, performs a variety of kitchen and food preparation duties in support of the Congregate and Home Delivered meals programs offered through Serving Seniors. Coordinates kitchen activities at the Congregate Site, including heating/re-heating, preparing, serving fresh and pre-packaged meals; ensures a clean and sanitary work area and complies with food preparation standards.
- Prepare meals for on-site dining or meals delivery; prepare both fresh and frozen meals, defrost prepackaged meals, cook/heat entrees and assemble meals; assist with packing and loading meals for transport; assist in serving meals to on-site participants.
- Coordinate efforts of kitchen volunteers; provide guidance and instruction on meal preparation procedures and standards.
- Maintain food service areas, facilities, and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition; wash and properly store dishes, equipment, and utensils.
- Maintain documents and records pertaining to food preparation standards, kitchen procedures, and the Nutrition Program.
- Inspect weekly/bi-weekly food and supply deliveries and food/non-food inventory and storage for quality, quantity, and accuracy. Ensure that all food and supplies are properly stored.
- Participate in nutrition education activities/meetings in support of the Nutrition Program.
- Other related duties as required.
- Previous experience working in a kitchen preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Basic knowledge of food service and sanitation standards.
- Good English skills and the ability to interact effectively with customers and other
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to load, transport, and deliver meals
Candidate must be able to stand for duration of shift, stoop, kneel, grasp, safely lift up to 25 pounds throughout shift, read temperatures, see and comprehend visual information.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.