HDM Driver - Full Time Potiker Family Senior Residence
Are you looking to make a positive impact in your local community? Do you enjoy serving individuals who are below the poverty level? Then Serving Seniors is looking for you! We are a non-profit organization that has been part of the San Diego community for over 50 years.
We are always looking for individuals who have a heart for serving our older adult clients. Persons who are fulfilled by helping others. Currently we are hiring for HDM Driver. The rate for this position is $18.00 per hour. This is a Full time position. Monday - Friday.
Some things you'll get to do:
Under general supervision, Home Delivery Meals Drivers operate a company van or other light vehicle in the pickup and delivery of meals, food stuffs and supplies to home-bound clients. Drivers must be safe while out on delivery routes and observant of all relevant posted signs and rules. Drivers must ensure accurate loading of all meals and food stuffs daily, and may occasionally be asked to come in early or stay late for meetings, additional help in the department, etc. Additionally, drivers build positive meaningful rapport with clients, as they will see clients frequently while on their assigned delivery route.
What you bring to us:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid California Driver's License is required
- Experience working with older adults preferred
- Experience working in delivery preferred
Why our current employees enjoy working for us:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Serving Seniors pays 100% of employees medical & dental coverage. (For employees who qualify for benefits)
- We offer paid holidays and paid time off to all employees
- We offer a floating holiday to all employees
- We offer up to a 3% match on 403(b) retirement plans, to all employees
- We’ve been voted a best place to work for over three years in San Diego
- We are a stable company with over 50 years of experience
- We have served thousands of older adults throughout San Diego County making a positive impact and providing a higher quality of life to these individuals
- Perform a variety of routine duties related to the preparation and serving of food for home delivered and congregate feeding sites
- Delivers food to the assigned routes
- Cleans assigned areas following established practices and procedures
- As a mandated reporter for Elder Abuse, report any suspicious circumstances or suspected abuse to Adult Protective Services
- Maintain routine records related to delivery and food service duties
- Performs daily safety inspection of vehicles and operates vehicle to and from central kitchen
- Obeys traffic laws and observes defensive driving practices
- Wash, fuel and perform minor preventive maintenance of assigned vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
- Operation of light vehicles and basic vehicle maintenance procedures
- Obeys all applicable signs of the road, as well as engages in safe, defensive driving techniques
- Basic record-keeping methods applicable to delivery functions
- Sanitation and safety practices in the transport, handling and preparation of food
Please note all candidates considered for employment will have to pass a background check, pre-employment health screening and drug test. We also request a Covid-19 vaccine card from all employees.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.