Health & Social Services (HSS) Program Manager – Homeless Services
Job Type: Full-time
Job Title: Health & Social Services (HSS) Program Manager – Homeless Services
Reports To: VP of Health & Social Services
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Department: Health & Social Services
The Health & Social Services (HSS) Program Manager – Homeless Services will be responsible for the following core functions: provide day-to-day operations, oversight, programming and supervision to case managers and other HSS team members to promote housing retention and/or implement eviction prevention services as needed for older adults, including those who have experienced homelessness; oversee successful execution of site-specific homeless programs and initiatives, and the delivery of general support services; create and maintain relationships with older adult community, as well as internal and external partners of Serving Seniors.
Additionally, this role will regularly collaborate with the VP of Health & Social Services and other HSS Program Managers to ensure effective alignment of goals and objectives for the HSS Department
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports HSS efforts within various homeless initiatives, including permanent supportive housing, non-congregate shelter, the Transitional Housing Program (THP), and other programs and services which will support older adults experiencing homelessness.
- Provides oversight of case management services to address and resolve client issues.
- Ensures case management staff utilize the key principles of Housing First, Harm Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, and Trauma Informed Care in all client interactions.
- Helps case managers successfully identify goals to meet client needs by providing information and access to diverse services.
- Assists with the provision of stable housing, development of individual service plans and facilitates linkages to appropriate community-based services.
- Performs direct case management on an as-needed basis to fulfill contractual obligations or help grow provided services.
- Displays proficiency in HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) documentation and generates all necessary reports.
- Acts as liaison between the client, case managers and community partners to provide current referrals and information.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of services and programs offered at Serving Seniors, in collaboration with community partners and other community-based resources relating to the older adult population.
- Provides oversight of HSS programs and initiatives to ensure alignment and fulfilment of strategic priorities.
- Supervises and guides case managers and collaborators and proactively responds to the needs of the team.
- Participates in the development and revision of agency and program-specific policies and protocols.
- Assists with and leads the implementation of new and/or revised policies and protocols related to participants and staff.
- Is part of on-going communication and feedback loop to assess performance and goals of team members.
- Develops and maintains both internal and external relationships that will benefit the HSS team and our clients such as San Diego Housing Commission, Corporation for Supportive Housing, San Diego Housing Federation, housing developers, community leaders, funders, property managers and others.
- Conducts business development activities that include identifying new opportunities for expansion of HSS programs.
- Serves as an “external face” of Serving Seniors, meeting with potential community partners, crafting proposals and reviewing contracts.
- Demonstrates commitment to the values, vision, and mission of Serving Seniors
- Maintains a sense of professionalism, diplomacy, and integrity in the face of adverse situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job; may require degree in specialized field, e.g., social work.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- 1+ year of previous management experience
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, a sense of responsibility, ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Proven track record of successfully working independently and collaboratively as part of a team-based approach to work.
- Ability to set priorities to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to establish rapport.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems creatively, and effectively assist clients in difficult situations.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work with challenging individuals and provide positive outcomes.
- A positive attitude, desire to learn and grow, and aspirations to lead.
- On-going effective performance management of a team.
- Transparent expectation-setting with colleagues and collaborators.
- Strongly defined sense of professional boundaries.
- High level of proficiency in web-based systems, Microsoft Office, and other client Record Management systems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary for extended periods whilst meeting with clients and is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment.
$75,000 – $77,000 Yearly
To apply, please fill out the online application here.