Human Resources Generalist
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Reports To: VP of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Full-time
Are you a Human Resources professional, looking to make a positive impact in your local community? Do you enjoy working with people? Then Serving Seniors is looking for you! We are a non-profit organization that has been part of the San Diego community for over 50 years.
We are always looking for individuals who have a heart for serving our older adult clients. Persons who are fulfilled by helping others. Currently we are hiring for Human Resources Generalist. The rate for this position is based on experience $24-$32 hourly. This is a FULL TIME position M-F 8-5.
Some things you'll get to do:
- Ensure and maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and benefit regulations.
- Recommends best practices and review policies. Including ensuring legal postings are current.
- Facilitate appropriate orientation and onboarding programs for new employees and assist with offboarding process.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the organization’s HR policies and procedures
- Conducts exit interviews and provides feedback and recommendation on trends
- Interface with payroll and their processes
- Assists in the day-to-day functions of the HR department as required
- Records all work-related injuries and illness and reports all worker’s compensation cases to insurer
- Assists VP of Operations with administration of benefits package and provides information to
- staff as requested
- Conducts background checks and employment eligibility verification
- Help to maintain a strong and positive company culture
What you bring to us:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent experience in similar HR work is required
- Minimum 3 years of generalist experience is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of California employment laws and regulations
- Understanding of HR administration, including onboarding and benefits
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint is required)
- Technical competence in the use of HR related systems and other business software programs is preferred
- Ability to implement policies and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadline and delegate effectively
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skill
- Excellent interpersonal negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Strong work ethic and high personal standard for quality of work
Why our current employees enjoy working for us:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Serving Seniors pays 100% of employees medical & dental coverage.
- We offer paid holidays and paid time off to all employees
- We offer a floating holiday to all employees
- We offer up to a 3% match on 403(b) retirement plans, to all employees
- We’ve been voted a best place to work for over three years in San Diego
- We are a stable company with over 50 years of experience
- We have served thousands of older adults throughout San Diego County making a positive impact and providing a higher quality of life to these individuals
Please note all candidates considered for employment will have to pass a background check, pre-employment health screening and drug test. We also request a Covid-19 vaccine card from all employees.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.