Job Title: IT Manager
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $65k-$85k
The IT Manager oversees the Serving Seniors’ technology infrastructure, including managing employees within the IT department, liaising with other departments to ascertain their technological requirements, developing and implementing solutions to meet those requirements, and ensuring that they are aligned with Serving Seniors’ objectives.
- Oversight and management of the organization’s IT network, including:
- Servers, workstations, laptops
- Phone systems and work-owned phones/tablets
- Supporting Facilities AV and Security technology
- Other IT equipment
- SAAS software solutions
- Ensure uninterrupted network connectivity and prompt resolution of any issue, including WIFI or network connectivity issues
- Create a security roadmap, oversee security/phishing training, identify security vulnerabilities, and implement solutions that ensure data security
- Liaise with other departments to determine and address IT needs and requirements
- Identify and provide equipment
- Work with staff and external vendors on software needs to assess suitability and security
- Identify training needs and connect with appropriate training vendors (internal or external)
- Leads projects by coordinating resources and timetables with other departments, external vendors
- Participate in software strategy needs assessment and implementation
- Manage and supervise IT staff
- Manage help desk – with IT staff
- Document problems and resolutions
- Resolve issues in a timely fashion, involving outside vendors as needed
- Identify recurring issues and resolve
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating IT strategies, policies, and procedures
- Support IT budgeting and expense forecasting activities and other ad hoc projects as needed
- Coordinate and implement software and hardware upgrades, as well as implement new technology solutions
- Software/hardware purchases
- Manage the inventory of IT software, software subscriptions and hardware.
- Work closely with Data Manager and Data Team to ensure smooth entry and reporting
- Manage relationships with different vendors, keep accurate documentation, resolve problems and issues, and streamline these processes.
- Travels to various project locations throughout the country will be required
- Other duties as assigned.
Why our current employees enjoy working for us:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Serving Seniors pays 100% of employees medical & dental coverage. (For employees who qualify for benefits)
- We offer paid holidays and paid time off to all employees
- We offer a floating holiday to all employees
- We offer up to a 3% match on 403(b) retirement plans, to all employees
- We’ve been voted a best place to work for over three years in San Diego
- We are a stable company with over 50 years of experience
- We have served thousands of older adults throughout San Diego County making a positive impact and providing a higher quality of life to these individuals
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience providing administrative and primary server and user support on Windows, Microsoft 365 including TEAMS
- Experience installing and configuring hardware and software
- A good understanding of networking (LAN & WAN) is desirable
- IT Service Management experience
- Outstanding customer service skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- A proven ability to instill and reinforce a customer service ethic within the IT team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an interest in improving systems and business practices to help innovate growing data needs
- Sound working knowledge of IT operations, systems, and developments
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to accomplish an organizational goal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to train both technical and non-technical users
- Excellent customer service skills; very patient with non-technical users
- Able to learn and adapt to new technologies, software, and systems quickly
- Previous experience in a global setting is essential
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Email Systems, Networking and WiFi, VPN Technologies, VoIP Telephone Systems, Incident Ticketing Systems, SaaS Software as a Service, Remote Support Tools, Printers/MFC, Handheld Devices/Mobile Devices, Asset Management Tools, Server Management Administration, LAN- Local Area Network, WAN- Wide Area Network.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use).
Please note all candidates considered for employment will have to pass a background check, pre-employment health screening and drug test. We also request a Covid-19 vaccine card from all employees.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.