Marketing & Events Manager
Working under the direction of the Director of Philanthropy, the Marketing & Events Manager is a key member of the Development and Marketing/Communications team with high quality and high volume expected output. The Marketing & Events Manager manages a broad range of marketing projects and special events and is involved in most day-to-day activities of the department. The Marketing & Events Manager leads the creation and management of digital content, generation of marketing and fundraising materials, and special event production. This position is responsible for helping to develop marketing tools and events that directly support and contribute to Serving Seniors’ mission and vision and achievement of its strategic plan and business plan objectives. Some frontline fundraising is required.
Benefits & Features:
- Salary: $64,480
- Hybrid remote work options
- Comprehensive benefits package. Serving Seniors pays 100% of medical & dental coverage.
- Paid time off, paid holidays and one floating holiday
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to 3% match from agency
- Reimbursement of up to $30 per month for cell phone
- San Diego Top Workplace for nine years
- Stable organization with over 50 years of experience
- We have served thousands of older adults throughout San Diego County making a positive impact and providing a higher quality of life to these individuals
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Overall planning and development of effective marketing strategies that support Serving Seniors’ fundraising, annual giving and community activities resulting in strong positioning in the San Diego community
- Management and implementation of communications strategies to support the agency’s fundraising goals including social media, website, public relations and digital, print and email marketing
- Plan, create and schedule fresh, engaging content for all digital channels including social, website and e-news
- Production and management collaboration of all internal and external organizational communications
- Keep abreast of industry trends, best practices, and new opportunities with social media, website and marketing
- Track digital social media KPIs and optimize marketing activities
- Manage internal/external marketing collateral materials.
- Prepare written copy of agency collateral materials including e-blasts, special events materials, blogs, fundraising reports, impact stories, agency brochures, fundraising letters, flyers, feature articles, and other written communications.
- Participate in program development, preparation and implementation for all department events, primarily focused on agency’s signature annual gala, including but not limited to gala event committee communications and planning, event volunteer training and coordination, on-site coordination, auction item procurement, working with vendors, post-event activities and wrap up, event marketing/communications and other event-related duties.
- Update donor records in database relevant to events.
- Collaborative oversight and planning of senior client events/activities, volunteer recognition events, and public affairs events as needed.
ANNUAL GIVING, DONOR RELATIONS & STEWARDSHIP
- Provide administrative support in all aspects of the Annual Giving program.
- Manage online fundraising campaigns including strategy planning and implementation for GivingTuesday
- Creation and management on online donation forms to align with annual giving campaigns
- Participate in all donor stewardship activities as set forth in the Donor Stewardship Plan.
- Lead tours at Wellness Center for the public.
- Provide back up support for the Development Officer for the donor database administration and gift acknowledgement and processing.
- Represent Serving Seniors at community events as needed.
**Other duties and tasks may be assigned as needed
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint)
- High level of proficiency with social media networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Analytics etc. Nice to have knowledge of Hootsuite or other social media management tools.
- Knowledge of graphic design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop In Design, and Canva
- Excellent communications skill, verbal and written, including the ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with staff, board members, prospective and current donors, volunteers, clients, the media and the public.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Effective management of multiple priorities simultaneously with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Fast mover and thinker with high level of creativity
- Hard worker with outstanding work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Knowledge of marketing and communications best practices.
- Knowledge of content creation for digital media including web, social media and e-news
- Ability to use independent judgment and make sound decisions
- Experience with fundraising software or similar CRM software nice to have
This role is hybrid remote. Office located in downtown San Diego. The candidate should live in the San Diego area. Travel to other sites within San Diego County will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field
- 4+ years work experience in either the nonprofit or corporate sector with focused duties in communications, marketing and/or special events
- Experience writing and managing digital content including social media, web, and e-news
- Experience working with a designer and managing collateral production projects
- Experience managing events
- Maintain personal cell phone for work-related purposes.
- Must have reliable transportation available for work-related purposes, a valid California driver’s license, and proof of automobile insurance.
- Requires ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as job duties demand.
Physical and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use).
*COVID VACCINATION IS REQUIRED
To apply, please fill out the online application here.
Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.