Nurse Case Manager
Job Title: Nurse Case Manager
Reports To: VP of Health & Social Services
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours: W-T-F, 7:00AM - 3:00PM (24 hours per week)
Department: Health & Social Services
The Nurse Case Manager is responsible for providing nursing assessments, case management and health education to seniors residing in Serving Seniors’ Supportive Housing complexes and contract sites. The Nurse Case Manager is responsible for maintaining quality client care, respecting client confidentiality and staying within budget guidelines under the guidance and supervision of the VP of Health and Social Services.
- Provides direct services to seniors at Supportive Housing complexes and contract sites.
- Provides health assessments and, as appropriate, provides short and long-term case management.
- Collaborates with Serving Seniors’ care navigation team and the staff of West Senior Dental Center on an innovative project that provides wrap-around services to support client needs.
- Conducts follow-up phone calls to inform new clients of Serving Seniors’ nursing program and to gauge client progress from previous encounters.
- Provides health education and referrals.
- Consults with community agencies to maintain coordination of care.
- Provides advocacy and outreach into the community.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary case conferences.
- Coordinates and arranges for health-related education programs for the seniors.
- Assures adequate and accurate data collection and documentation.
- Works in collaboration and continuous partnership with chronically ill or “high-risk” clients, healthcare providers, social service case managers, and community resources in a team approach to develop a care plan, improve delivery of care, and ultimately improve health outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Registered Nursing required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in nursing required.
- CPR certification required.
- Active Registered Nursing California license required.
- Valid California driver’s license required.
- Case management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Demeanor and competence to establish supportive, trusting relationships with diverse clientele.
- Respect for clients’ rights and personal preferences in treatment options.
- Sufficient clinical nursing knowledge and experience to effectively plan and provide direct client care consistent with the scope of practice set forth by the Board of Registered Nursing.
- Critical thinking capacity to deal with unique client problems as they arise.
- Demonstrated knowledge of common health conditions of older adults and chronic care management.
- Remains tactful and collected under challenging circumstances.
- Prioritizes and responds to the varying challenges of an appointment-based structure, walk-in hours and acute interventions.
- Maintains a high degree of composure and calming presence during crisis situations.
- Embrace a willingness to adopt the team approach of Serving Seniors’ interdisciplinary structure.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and comfort utilizing Microsoft Suite.
Other Skills Include
- Telephone Etiquette
- Attention to Detail
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team
- Professionalism with all clients and team members
- Adaptable to changing needs in a day
- Computer Literate (comfort navigating Microsoft Suite)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use).
To apply, please fill out the online application here.
Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.