Nurse Case Manager - Part-Time
Reports To: Nurse Case Manager Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a part-time, W-T-F, 7:00 AM to 3:00, 24 hours per week. Pay range in $30-35/hour depending on experience. The Nurse Case Manager is responsible for providing nursing assessments, case management and health education to seniors accessing services at the Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center or residing in one of the Supportive Housing complexes. Responsible for maintaining quality client care, respecting client confidentiality and staying within budget guidelines.
- Provides direct services to seniors at the Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center, West Senior Dental Center and residents of Supportive Housing complexes.
- Provides health assessments and, as appropriate, provides short and long-term case management
- Collaborates with Serving Seniors’ care navigation team and the staff of the West Senior Dental Center on an innovative project that provides wrap-around services to support client needs.
- Conducts follow-up phone calls to inform new clients of Serving Seniors’ nursing program and to gauge client progress from previous encounters.
- Provides health education and referrals.
- Consults with community agencies to maintain coordination of care.
- Provides advocacy and outreach into the community.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary case conferences.
- Coordinates and arranges for health-related education programs for the seniors.
- Assures adequate and accurate data collection and documentation.
- Maintains and distributes petty cash to seniors for nominal medical expenditures.
- Works in collaboration and continuous partnership with chronically ill or “high-risk” clients, healthcare providers, social service case managers, and community resources in a team approach to develop a care plan, improve delivery of care, and ultimately improve health outcomes.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience required; Case management experience preferred
- CPR certification requires
- Associates Degree in Registered Nursing required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Registered Nurse active California license and a valid California driver’s license
- Must have the skills and competence to establish supportive, trusting relationships and respect for client rights and personal preferences in treatment options.
- Must possess clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability to effectively plan and provide client care consistent with standards and regulations and deal with unique problem as they arise.
- Possess a standard level of knowledge of common health conditions of older adults and chronic care management.
- Must possess the ability to adapt and respond to the varying challenges of appointment-based structure, walk-in hours and acute interventions.
- Possess the ability to maintain a calming presence during crisis situations.
- Possess the willingness to adopt the team approach of Serving Seniors’ interdisciplinary structure.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable using a computer and have experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Other Skills Include:
- Telephone Etiquette
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use).
To apply, please fill out the online application here.