Nutrition Programs Director
Nutrition Programs Director
Job Title: Nutrition Programs Director
Reports To: VP of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Assignment Category: Regular, Full-Time
Responsible for the entire food service program which involves multiple serving sites; a centralized kitchen process and thousands of daily participants in Government funded food service programs. Develops best practices and department specific training, policies, and procedures. Ensures that policies and procedures are followed according to applicable laws, governing agencies, and established food service practice. Partners with the VP of Operations to develop program goals, objectives and implement strategic planning to develop department benchmarks.
- Directs all food service operations
- Plan menus, orders food and maintains inventory.
- Maintains the appropriate documents and records of meals and clients in accordance with governmental and grant guidelines.
- Plans and provides nutrition education for the sites and HDM clients
- Supports outreach and public relations efforts with the goal of increasing program attendance, including representing Serving Seniors as necessary before community groups and other service agencies.
- Develops effective working relationships with members of the community, community groups, and public and private agencies involved in the delivery of human services.
- Identifies senior needs for supportive services and works collaboratively with other departments to implement supportive services and socialization activities across all sites
- Prepare all local and State reports as directed or required
- Implement strategies to create an atmosphere that will attract and retain program participants
- Works with VP of Operations to ensure operational compliance
- Supports fundraising activities as necessary
- Organizes catered events as scheduled
- Oversees all customer service processes
- Provides strategic solutions for departmental challenges.
- Manages & provides, direction, support, and training to Food Service team
- Responsible for kitchen and dining room equipment at all sites
- Conducts site visits to monitor the food service operations at each senior lunch site across San Diego County.
- Responsible for preparation of food service budget; adherence to budget and for any variances on expenses
- A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, hotel and restaurant management or other related field is required.
- Minimum of five years management experience in food service or operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Three to five years of previous supervisory/administrative experience required
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office suite applications
- Strong program development skills with creativity and flexibility, problem solving and follow through ability to manage new, changing, and expanding needs of the client population and funding sources
- A valid California Driver’s License
- A valid Food Protection Manager certificate in the state of California
- Experience working with elderly clients is preferred
- Ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Project Management
- Ability to work with challenging clients and provide positive outcomes
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the team
- Impeccable customer service skills
Other Skills Include:
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Telephone Etiquette
- Attention to Detail
- Professionalism & Integrity
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy in Windows Operating System & Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with
hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use).
To apply, please fill out the online application here.
Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.