Operations Custodial Worker I
Job Title: Operations Custodial Worker I
Reports To: Facilities Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Operations Custodial Worker I reports to the Facilities Director. This position oversees the cleaning and maintains assigned area(s) to meet customer and client satisfaction Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Serving Seniors locations based on client requirements and business needs.
- Adheres to established procedures to provide a safe working environment including complying with OSHA, state/local, federal, and Serving Seniors regulations
- Maintains a clean and orderly environment to protect the safety and health of others
- Properly cleans and maintains housekeeping equipment
- Cleans assigned areas to Serving Seniors client standards and requirements
- Follows procedures for storage and disposal of trash and transports it to designated areas
- Reports maintenance concerns to appropriate personnel
- Secures the facility, ensuring building is locked/unlocked as required
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties as assigned by Facilities Manager
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma
- Have a minimum of 1 year of job-related experience
- Previous custodial experience strongly preferred
- Valid CA Drivers license with a clean driving record
- Occasionally lifts, carries, pushes, or pulls up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks and exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Must have ability to work weekends
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
- Team player who can work cooperatively with all staff and volunteers toward common goals
- Strong record-keeping ability
- Demonstrated ability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional manner when dealing with the public and/or challenging situations
- Thrives in diverse environment
- Knowledge of grounds maintenance
- Basic plumbing and electrical
- Previous exposure to basic HVAC
- Previous experience patching and painting
Other Skills Include:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Oral & Written Communication
- Excellent Follow-Through
- Telephone Etiquette
- Computer Literate
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Time Management
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift, push pull or otherwise move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use).
To apply, please fill out the online application here.
Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.