Operations Maintenance Worker I
Job Title: Operations Maintenance Worker I
Reports To: Facilities Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Operations Maintenance Worker I report to the Facilities Director. This position fix and maintain offices and Facilities sites for the agency, including but not limited to machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings. They paint, repair flooring, and work on plumbing, electrical, and air-conditioning and heating systems, appliances, stairs, gates fences, tile carpet, flooring, roofing, gutters, fasteners, interior and external, locks, security and lighting and complete associated cleaning, document work and attend safety meetings and training.
- Follow the guidelines as outlined in the employee manual.
- Follow guidelines for regular routine maintenance/cleaning schedules at all facilities in order to maintain all facilities above minimum standards for cleanliness and safety at all times.
- Be able to work independently, moving from job to job, and documenting completion of work on required forms as directed by Facilities Director.
- Respond to work order requests/special cleaning instructions in a timely manner, as determined by the Facilities Director.
- As necessary stay late/come in early, or on weekends/evenings/holidays for emergencies such as: plumbing, electric, heat, flooding, etc.
- Adhere to state regulations and applicable code of conduct- including OSHA regulations.
- *Perform other duties as assigned
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma
- Have a minimum of 1 year of job-related experience
- Previous custodial experience preferred
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling greater than 50 lbs.
- Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks and exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Ability to work weekends
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
- Team player who can work cooperatively with all staff toward common goals
- Strong record-keeping ability
- Demonstrated ability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional manner when dealing with the public and/or with difficult situations
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written situations
Other Skills Include:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Telephone Etiquette
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use).
To apply, please fill out the online application here.
Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.