Service Coordinator - Ramona
Are you looking to make a positive impact in your local community? Do you enjoy serving individuals who are below the poverty level? Then Serving Seniors is looking for you! We are a non-profit organization that has been part of the San Diego community for over 50 years.
We are always looking for individuals who have a heart for serving our older adult clients. Persons who are fulfilled by helping others. Currently we are hiring for Service Coordinator - Supportive Housing. The rate for this position is $20.00- $22.00 per hour DOE. This is a Full Time position. M-F 8 hours a day.
The Service Coordinator reports to the Supportive Housing Manager and works independently, as well as collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team, to ensure excellent service provision to older adults, 62 and over, at the Schmale Family Senior Residence in Ramona, CA as well as providing support services for East County Home Delivered Meals (HDM) recipients.
- Develops and implements a plan of care for clients’ unmet needs and goals, including appropriate referrals and linkages to other community-based services.
- Manages a caseload dependent upon both walk-in and appointment hours.
- Interfaces with property management to assist with conflict resolution, tenancy issues and provide eviction prevention services.
- Collaborates with the Nutrition department to conduct quarterly HDM reassessments to determine continued program eligibility.
- Provides case management assistance for homebound HDM clients by connecting them with appropriate community-based resources.
- Ensures collaborative, interdisciplinary communication between Serving Seniors’ Nutrition staff and other Health & Social Services staff to triage any health and/or mental health needs for homebound clients.
- Completes efficient, timely and accurate documentation of all client efforts, interactions, referrals, and data entry into various software programs.
- Conducts community outreach to other community-based organizations and at other senior residences throughout San Diego County to expand access and program participation.
- Collaborates with the Activities and Volunteer Department to organize and facilitate community-building activities including but not limited to cultural celebrations, large and small group social events, holiday celebrations, skill building, and informational workshops.
- Updates and manages community resource listing.
- Provides information on community health and welfare resources and acts as a liaison between community service providers and clients.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures, provides excellent customer service, and demonstrates ability to work in an inter-disciplinary setting.
- Provides advocacy and outreach to the community and fellow stakeholders.
- Conducts outreach within the supportive housing community to inform and educate older adults on relevant subject matter.
- Facilitates senior support or other group formations.
- Represents Serving Seniors at community meetings specific to older adult population.
- Complies with budgetary guidelines.
- Distributes periodic grant funding to relevant cases and contributes to the tracking and reporting of funds utilized.
- Enters data in a timely manner to maintain accurate weekly status reports.
- Demonstrates commitment to the values, vision, and mission of Serving Seniors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSW or MSW degree or degree in Gerontology, Social Work, or related field
- Previous experience in a social work or housing setting with older adults preferred
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to establish rapport
- Strong commitment to the ethics and purpose of the social work field as defined by NASW
- Strongly defined sense of professional boundaries
- Ability to maintain professional capacity during crisis situations
- Demonstrates ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Possesses excellent organizational skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and exercise sound judgment in decision-making
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external partners
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Candidate expected to possess high level of competency in the following:
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Telephone Etiquette
- Attention to Detail
- Professionalism & Tact
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time whilst meeting with clients; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note all candidates considered for employment will have to pass a background check, pre-employment health screening and drug test. We also request a Covid-19 vaccine card from all employees.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.