Social Services Case Manager (HDM) - Potiker Family Senior Residence
Are you looking to make a positive impact in your local community? Do you enjoy serving individuals who are below the poverty level? Then Serving Seniors is looking for you! We are a non-profit organization that has been part of the San Diego community for over 50 years.
We are always looking for individuals who have a heart for serving our older adult clients. Persons who are fulfilled by helping others. Currently we are hiring for Social Services Case Manager. The rate for this position is $18-20/hour, DOE. This is a full-time position, M-F 9-5.
Some things you'll get to do:
- Work with Serving Seniors’ Home Delivery Meals Drivers to introduce Positive Solutions Program & conduct preliminary survey regarding interest in Positive Solutions Program.
- Ensure collaborative, inter-disciplinary communication between Serving Seniors’ drivers, social workers, other clinical staff and UPAC’s therapists regarding older adults’ relevant clinical and/or social service needs.
- Ensure that the following metrics are satisfied:
- 11 or more referrals per month are made to Positive Solutions Program.
- 7 or more Provider Contacts are given to Positive Solutions Program Manager per month;
- Complete and submit 11 or more PHQ-2 questionnaires for older adult participants served. This includes eligible participants served in congregate meal programs or case management programs.
- Coordinate monthly progress meetings with Positive Solutions Program, Manager, along with HDM Coordinator and HDM Social Services Case Manager.
- Ensure that the PHQ-2 survey is complete on a quarterly basis for all HDM clients
- Participate in quarterly community partner meetings w/ UPAC & Senior MGMT teams.
- Enter all outreach and/or screening activities into the UPAC tracking system.
- Completes efficient, timely and accurate charting and notation of client efforts and referrals.
What you bring to us:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field
- 2 years experience in social service delivery, preferably in San Diego County
- A passion for working with older adults
- Excellent Written & Communication Skills
- Team mindset but disciplined to work independently also
Why our current employees enjoy working for us:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Serving Seniors pays 100% of employees medical & dental coverage. (For employees who qualify for benefits)
- We offer paid holidays and paid time off to all employees
- We offer a floating holiday to all employees
- We offer up to a 3% match on 403(b) retirement plans, to all employees
- We’ve been voted a best place to work for over three years in San Diego
- We are a stable company with over 50 years of experience
- We have served thousands of older adults throughout San Diego County making a positive impact and providing a higher quality of life to these individuals
Please note all candidates considered for employment will have to pass a background check, pre-employment health screening and drug test. We also request a Covid-19 vaccine card from all employees.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.
Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.