Social Services Case Manager - Housing Navigation
Job Title: Social Services Case Manager Reports To: VP of Health & Social Services FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Health & Social Services
Assignment Category: Regular, Full-Time Hours Per Day: 8
Rate: $20-$22/hour DOE
The Social Services Case Manager works primarily to assist older adults who are in the process of finding permanent housing after experiencing homelessness or being housing insecure. This position reports to the Vice President of Health & Social Services and works independently, as well as collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team, including community partners, to ensure excellent service provision to older adults 60 and over.
- Collaboratively works to execute core activities which helps older adults experiencing homelessness prepare for, locate and transition into permanent supportive housing.
- Provides intensive case management services to clients, from intake to placement in supportive permanent housing, including access to social services, health education, mental health services, dental services, housing counseling, navigation and other supportive services, as needed, during case management visits.
- Develops and implements a plan of care for clients’ unmet needs, including supportive referrals to other community-based agencies.
- Updates and maintains all reporting mechanisms pertinent to various programs.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the Coordinated Entry System (CES) and Clarity.
- Manages a caseload dependent upon both walk-in and appointment hours.
- Updates and manages community resource listing.
- Provides information on community health and welfare resources and acts as a liaison between community service providers and clients.
- Completes efficient, timely and accurate charting and notation of client efforts and referrals.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures, provides excellent customer service and demonstrated ability to work in an inter-disciplinary setting.
- Provides advocacy and outreach to the community and fellow stakeholders.
- Conducts outreach within the Wellness Center to inform and educate older adults on relevant subject matter.
- Represents Serving Seniors at community meetings specific to older adult population.
- Complies with budgetary guidelines.
- Distributes periodic grant funding to relevant cases and contributes to the tracking and reporting of funds utilized. reporting of funds utilized.
- Enters data in a timely manner to maintain accurate weekly status reports.
- Demonstrates commitment to the values, vision and mission of Serving Seniors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSW or MSW degree preferred (will substitute degree in related field with case management experience)
- Previous experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness required
- Previous experience in a social work setting preferred
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build rapport with vulnerable and at-risk clientele
- Tactful and professional verbal and written communication
- Strong commitment to the ethics and purpose of the social work field as defined by NASW
- Strongly-defined sense of professional boundaries
- Capable of successfully working with adverse populations
- Successfully assesses and analyzes crisis situations for positive outcome
- Maintains professional capacity at all times
- Demonstrates ability to use sound judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Proactively identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Exercise sound judgment in decision-making
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Developed Professional Attributes
- Written & Oral Communication Skills
- Highly adaptable
- Attention to detail
- Telephone Etiquette
- Tact & Integrity
- Time Management
- Computer Literate
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Specific auditory abilities required by this job include ability to hear or understand English and appropriately respond.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use). The employee is also subject to the risks of working with clients in their homes which can vary greatly by location and client.
Please note all candidates considered for employment will have to pass a background check, pre-employment health screening and drug test. We also request a Covid-19 vaccine card from all employees.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.