Supportive Housing Case Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Are you looking to make a positive impact in your local community? Do you enjoy serving individuals who are below the poverty level? Then Serving Seniors is looking for you! We are a non-profit organization that has been part of the San Diego community for over 50 years.
We are always looking for individuals who have a heart for serving our older adult clients. Persons who are fulfilled by helping others. Currently we are hiring for Social Services Case Manager. The rate for this position is $18-20/hour, DOE. This is a full-time position, M-F 9-5.
Some things you'll get to do:
- Develops and implements a plan of care for clients’ unmet needs, including supportive referrals to other community-based agencies.
- Manages a caseload dependent upon both walk-in and appointment hours.
- Conducts Universal Senior Assessment as applicable
- Develops a thorough understanding of the HMIS, Coordinated Entry System (CES), Clarity and VI-SPDAT.
- Updates and manages community resources listings.
- Provides information on community health and welfare resources and acts as a liaison between community service providers and clients, including referrals to Serving Seniors Nurse Case Managers.
- Completes efficient, timely and accurate charting and notation of client efforts and referrals.
What you bring to us:
- A Bachelor's Degree or MSW in social work or related field
- 2 years experience in social service delivery, preferably with older adults
- Bilingual - English & Spanish
- A passion for working with older adults
- Excellent Written & Communication Skills
- Team mindset but disciplined to work independently also
Why our current employees enjoy working for us:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Serving Seniors pays 100% of employees medical & dental coverage. (For employees who qualify for benefits)
- We offer paid holidays and paid time off to all employees
- We offer a floating holiday to all employees
- We offer up to a 3% match on 403(b) retirement plans, to all employees
- We’ve been voted a best place to work for over three years in San Diego
- We are a stable company with over 50 years of experience
- We have served thousands of older adults throughout San Diego County making a positive impact and providing a higher quality of life to these individuals
Please note all candidates considered for employment will have to pass a background check, pre-employment health screening and drug test. We also request a Covid-19 vaccine card from all employees.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.