Supportive Housing Case Manager - Float Position
Job Type: Full-time, part-time
The Supportive Housing Case Manager reports to the Supportive Housing Manager and works independently, as well as collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team, to ensure excellent service provision to older adults at various supportive housing sites throughout the city and county of San Diego including, Schmale Family Senior Residence in Ramona, CA, as necessary.
- Develops and implements a plan of care for clients’ unmet needs and goals, including appropriate referrals and linkages to other community-based services.
- Manages a caseload dependent upon both walk-in and appointment hours.
- Interfaces with property management to assist with conflict resolution, tenancy issues and provide eviction prevention services.
- Completes efficient, timely and accurate documentation of all client efforts, interactions, referrals, and data entry into various software programs.
- Conducts community outreach to other community-based organizations and at other senior residences throughout San Diego County to expand access and program participation.
- Collaborates with the Activities and Volunteer Department to organize and facilitate community-building activities including but not limited to cultural celebrations, large and small group social events, holiday celebrations, skill building, and informational workshops.
- Updates and manages community resource listing.
- Provides information on community health and welfare resources and acts as a liaison between community service providers and clients.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures, provides excellent customer service, and demonstrates ability to work in an inter-disciplinary setting.
- Provides advocacy and outreach to the community and fellow stakeholders.
- Conducts outreach within the supportive housing community to inform and educate older adults on relevant subject matter.
- Facilitates collaborative relationships with other community partners to bring resources to different housing sites.
- Represents Serving Seniors at community meetings specific to older adult population.
- Complies with budgetary guidelines.
- Distributes periodic grant funding to relevant cases and contributes to the tracking and reporting of funds utilized.
- Enters data in a timely manner to maintain accurate weekly status reports.
- Demonstrates commitment to the values, vision, and mission of Serving Seniors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to establish rapport
- Strong commitment to the ethics and purpose of the social work field as defined by NASW
- Strongly defined sense of professional boundaries
- Ability to maintain professional capacity during crisis situations
- Demonstrates ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Possesses excellent organizational skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and exercise sound judgment in decision-making
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external partners
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Candidate expected to possess high level of competency in the following:
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Telephone Etiquette
- Attention to Detail
- Professionalism & Tact
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
Covid Vaccine Required
- Degree in Gerontology, Social Work, or related field
- Previous experience in a social work or housing setting with older adults preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to different housing sites
- Position based out of San Diego.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time whilst meeting with clients; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use).
To apply, please fill out the online application here.