Cyber Café Volunteer
- Greet customers who come into the Cyber Cafe
- Scan Serving Seniors membership card of each person who comes in to use a computer
- Enter user information on paper register
- Help customers with basic computer usage as needed (skill level ranges from beginner to advanced)
- Monitor computer usage and notify Julie or security if there is improper usage
- Assist with wiping down keyboards, mouse, and work station between computer users.
- Must wear a mask inside the café
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have basic computer tech knowledge, such as Word, Facebook
- Knowledge of smart phones/tablets, other tech very helpful
- Have a calm and positive customer service attitude
- We are seeking volunteers who are able to make a regular time commitment, but we are flexible on the amount of time and days of your volunteer shifts.
- Minimum shift duration of 2 hours
- Volunteer shifts may be scheduled anytime M-Th 8:00am-3:30p, F-Sa 8:00am-noon
- Our Cyber Café manager will work with you to coordinate your exact volunteer schedule and time commitment
Steps to Initiate Service:
- Please fill out our online volunteer application and then email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in this volunteer opportunity
- Our Volunteer and Activities Team will guide you through our volunteer clearance process.
- Once cleared, you will be connected with our Cyber Café Manager for a 30-minute on-site meeting and site tour.
- At this meeting, you and the Cyber Café Manager will coordinate your volunteer schedule.
Cyber Café volunteers who serve 32 hours/month will be eligible for a stipend of $148/month. A prorated stipend is available to Cyber Café volunteers who serve 16 hours/month.