Food Service Worker - Full-Time
Reports To: Food Service Worker
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Assignment Category: Part-Time
Hours per day: 7 hours, +/- 1 hour
Under supervision, performs a variety of kitchen and food preparation duties in support of the
Congregate and Home Delivered meals programs offered through Serving Seniors. Coordinates
kitchen activities at the Congregate Site, including heating/re-heating, preparing, serving fresh and
pre-packaged meals; ensures a clean and sanitary work area and complies with food preparation standards.
- Prepare meals for on-site dining or meals delivery; prepare both fresh and frozen meals, defrost pre-packaged meals, cook/heat entrees and assemble meals; assist with packing and loading meals for transport; assist in serving meals to on-site participants.
- May be required to routinely work Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Coordinate efforts of kitchen volunteers; provide guidance and instruction on meal preparation procedures and standards.
- Maintain food service areas, facilities, and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition; wash and properly store dishes, equipment, and utensils.
- Maintain documents and records pertaining to food preparation standards, kitchen procedures, and the Nutrition Program.
- Inspect weekly/bi-weekly food and supply deliveries and food/non-food inventory and storage for quality, quantity, and accuracy.
- Ensure that all food and supplies are properly stored.
- Participate in nutrition education activities/meetings in support of the Nutrition Program.
- Other related duties as required.
- Previous experience working in a kitchen preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Basic knowledge of food service (temperature zones, safe food prep, etc.)
- Well-versed in sanitation standards.
- Proactive communication skills - ability to interact effectively and build rapport with customers and other team members.
- Must be able to safely lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to load, transport, and deliver meals.
- Demonstrated punctuality
- Integrity and can-do attitude
Physical Demands & Work Environment
Candidate must be able to stand for duration of shift, stoop, kneel, grasp, safely lift up to 25 pounds throughout shift, read temperatures, see and comprehend visual information.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in a kitchen environment (e.g., risks due to using kitchen equipment such as heaters, stoves, etc.).
To apply, please fill out the online application here.
Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.