Job Type: Full-time
Are you looking to make a positive impact in your local community? Do you enjoy serving individuals who are below the poverty level? Then Serving Seniors is looking for you! We are a non-profit organization that has been part of the San Diego community for over 50 years.
We are always looking for individuals who have a heart for serving our older adult clients. Persons who are fulfilled by helping others. Currently we are hiring for Nurse Case Manager. The rate for this position is $30.00-$35.00 per hour, this is a Fill time position Monday - Friday.
The Health Educator is responsible for providing nursing assessments, case management, and health education to seniors accessing services at the Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center, Supportive Housing communities or congregate dining sites throughout San Diego County. Responsible for maintaining quality client care while respecting client confidentiality.
What you bring to us:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience preferred; Case management experience preferred.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Skilled Licensed Registered Nurses, LVNs, CNA eligible.
Why our current employees enjoy working for us:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Serving Seniors pays 100% of employees medical & dental coverage. (For employees who qualify for benefits)
- We offer paid holidays and paid time off to all employees
- We offer a floating holiday to all employees
- We offer up to a 3% match on 403(b) retirement plans, to all employees
- We’ve been voted a best place to work for over three years in San Diego
- We are a stable company with over 50 years of experience
- We have served thousands of older adults throughout San Diego County making a positive impact and providing a higher quality of life to these individuals
- Provides direct services to seniors at the Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center, West Senior Dental Center, in Supportive Housing communities or at congregate dining sites.
- Provides health assessments and, as appropriate, short and long-term nursing case management.
- Collaborates with the staff of West Senior Dental Center on an innovative project that provides wrap- around services to support client needs.
- Conducts follow-up phone calls to inform new clients of Serving Seniors’ nursing program and to gauge client progress from previous encounters.
- Provides health education and referrals.
- Consults with community agencies to maintain coordination of care.
- Provides advocacy and outreach into the community.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary case conferences.
- Coordinates and arranges for health-related education programs for the seniors.
- Assures adequate and accurate data collection and documentation.
- Works in collaboration and continuous partnership with chronically ill or “high-risk” clients, healthcare providers, social service case managers, and community resources in a team approach to develop a care plan, improve delivery of care, and ultimately improve health outcomes.
- Must have the skills and competence to establish supportive, trusting relationships and respect for client rights and personal preferences in treatment options.
- Must possess clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability to effectively plan and provide client care consistent with standards and regulations and deal with unique problem as they arise.
- Exhibit a standard level of knowledge of common health conditions of older adults and chronic care management
- Must have the ability to adapt and respond to the varying challenges of an appointment-based structure, walk-in hours, and acute interventions.
- Possess the ability to maintain a calming presence during crisis situations.
- Embrace a willingness to adopt the team approach of Serving Seniors’ interdisciplinary structure.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Bilingual Spanish required.
Other Skills Include:
- Telephone Etiquette
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Please note all candidates considered for employment will have to pass a background check, pre-employment health screening and drug test. We also request a Covid-19 vaccine card from all employees.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.