Home-Delivered Meals Director
Job Title: HDM Director
Reports To: VP of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Assignment Category: Regular, Full-Time
Hours per day: 8 hrs
The Home-Delivered Meals (HDM) Director is responsible for managing all home-delivered meals services for designated areas throughout the County of San Diego. The position involves giving direction and measuring success of the overall delivery operation in coordination with the HDM Manager, Congregate Director, VP of Operations and VP of Health and Social Services.
Our Home-Delivered Meals (HDM) Program ensures hundreds of homebound seniors have access to a nutritious diet by providing over 300,000 nutritious home-delivered meals a year. Our team of trained drivers delivers meals five days a week and work collaboratively with our Health & Social Services team to identify potential health or social issues and coordinate support.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Home-Delivered Meals program and office to meet program plans and goals.
- Ensure meal orders, routes, participant inquiries and other requests and needs are communicated effectively and acted upon.
- Review, implement and monitor program schedules, delivery routes, route inspections, time and temperature requirements, and other service requirements.
- Supervise a team of HDM Drivers while they perform day to day job functions, and ensure that they are providing exemplary customer service.
- Schedule and facilitate Home-Delivered Meal Driver trainings as necessary. Ensure program requirements are met through one-on-one training, group training and in-service training.
- Work collaboratively with the VP of Health and Social Services and the HDM Supportive Services team to address service needs and issues, and maximize resources to ensure program and participant needs are being met.
- Monitor, maintain, and properly store program supplies and equipment.
- Ensure completion of program records and reports, meal deliveries, mileage reimbursements, etc.
- Respond effectively to program issues to meet customer needs and compliance requirements.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are followed according to applicable laws, governing agencies, and established food service practice.
- Proactively monitor order management systems and routing systems to optimize routes and resolve outstanding issues.
- Monitor, report, and improve KPI, including On Time Delivery %, and Phone Queue metrics.
- Provide direct input into the existing user tools and make recommendations for process changes/improvements.
- Establish an outreach system of recruiting/marketing to locate and serve eligible and target individuals, identifying needs, follow-up and continuity of services. Market and promote services throughout the community.
- Create and implement teambuilding exercises for staff.
- BA/BS in management, administration, supply chain, customer service, or 5+ years working experience in fleet management and/or product distribution.
- Experience in a call center and fleet management systems
- Knowledge of nutritional, social and health needs among older persons and their family caregivers is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle operation and maintenance requirements.
- Comfort with delivering and improving upon KPIs.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement and driving process improvements.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Effective supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with diverse language and ethnic populations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of management, other employees and organizations.
- Ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with challenging clients and provide positive outcomes
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the team.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Other Skills Include:
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Telephone Etiquette
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use).
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.