Nutrition Data Analyst I
Job Title: Data Analyst I
Reports To: Business Data Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Data Analyst I will play a crucial part in data management, maintenance, strategy and analysis for the nutrition department of Serving Seniors. This position will initially be focused on data entry, using statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports. Identify and recommend new ways to gather and streamline our methods for capturing and reporting data. Create and review models that depict trends in our customer base and population as a whole. Duties include creating workflows, conducting user training, obtaining product expertise, maintaining data integrity, and establishing reporting confidence. The data from this system will help set strategic direction, support revenue/grant goals, and assure compliance in outside/legal reporting.
Serving Seniors is looking for someone with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an interest in improving systems and business practices to help innovate growing data needs for expanding organizational needs. Must have a high degree of comfort with Excel, have functioning knowledge of statistical tools and bring a natural curiosity and the ability to adapt models to the available data.
- Manage the logistic of capturing and imputing data and enforcement of database processes and procedures to increase efficiency and ensure optimal performance of the database, data entry and reporting
- Track, analyze and report findings from data collection and make suggestions for changes in strategic plan
- Manage the integrity of data for department-wide reporting
- Display a mastery of the system software to its fullest capability for metric/goal tracking
- Work closely with Nutrition and IT staff
- Administer, track and communicate system changes for workflow or program change requests
- Work with the Business Data Manager to identify and draft documentation for policies that impact system users in the department
- Oversee the overall integrity and quality of data entry and reporting, manage the maintenance and use of the database, strategically solve data challenges, conduct regular data improvement and hygiene projects, develop list pulls for communications and more
- Provide lead support on any design decisions for interfacing or integrating database operations, evaluate and implement new technologies, assist with testing and impact analysis
- Develop and maintain accessible queries and provide reports for analysis of the database
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Prepare , review and analyze reports to maintain grant compliance
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with department heads to prioritize departmental, business and information needs
- Optimize the use of the databases by staying current on upcoming enhancements/upgrades and training appropriate staff on new functions
- Provide general training to staff in the database where appropriate.
- Work with database vendors to resolve any issues or outages and to schedule and coordinate upgrades, act as lead liaison with database interfacing and/or integrated vendors when applicable
- Support and provide other services and duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 years’ experience in mathematics, finance, statistics or business
- 2+ years of experience working in a data maintenance and reporting role, preferably with management experience
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, SSRS, and ability to write queries. Ex, Query Builder
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Power BI, Business Objects etc), databases (SQL etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an interest in improving systems and business practices to help innovate growing data needs
- Solid understanding of the principles of database management and business process workflow, experience with member-based software a plus
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to accomplish organizational goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to train both technical and non-technical users
Other Skills Include:
- Customer Service
- Attention to Detail
- Diplomacy & Tact
- Time Management
- Advanced Microsoft Office User
- Lead small group and/or one-on-one instruction
- Ability to regularly work independently
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office environment (e.g., risks due to heavy computer use).
Please apply online.
Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.