Serving Seniors presented an Advocacy 101 webinar last week!
Our President and CEO, Paul Downey, presented to a room full of seniors at our Gary and Mary West Senior Wellness Center in San Diego, while the presentation was simultaneously broadcast to five other senior centers and communities across California. Attendees, in person and virtual, had lots of thoughtful questions and insights.
Webinar Topics Included:
- Federal Poverty Level: what is it and how is it calculated?
- California Elder Economic Security Index (Elder Index): what is it and how is it calculated?
- What is advocacy?
- Why should you be an advocate?
- Types of advocacy
- How to make your case
- How to use statistics and facts to enhance your case
- How to schedule a visit with an elected official, and what to cover during your visit
- Current political topics and what you can do to be heard
Watch the recording right here: