Data Entry Associate
Job Title: Data Entry Associate
Reports To: Data Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time, 4-5 hours per day
The Data Entry Associate supports the data management team through a variety of tasks, including entering data from paper forms into various software systems and compiling and sorting data. This position works primarily with the nutrition and administration departments and provides support on other data-related projects and reporting.
Who We Are
Established in 1970, Serving Seniors helps San Diego County’s low-income seniors overcome poverty through whole-person, wraparound support including meals, housing, health and social services, and enrichment activities. We work at numerous sites across the county and in the homes of hundreds of homebound seniors. Our flagship Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center in downtown San Diego is unlike any other senior center in the nation. Bringing together a range of supportive services under one roof, the Senior Wellness Center operates 365 days a year and offers two floors of integrated care, including health and social services, housing navigation, enrichment activities, lifelong learning, a Cyber Café and linkage to over 25 onsite direct service partners, including a senior dental center. Last fiscal year, we provided over 1,400,000 meals and coordinated services to 6,800 older adults.
Our Mission: Helping seniors in poverty live healthy and fulfilling lives.
Our Vision: All seniors, regardless of income, are able to thrive, engage in their communities, lead purposeful lives, and have a place they call home.
Our Core Values:
Advocacy - Acknowledging and supporting the needs of older adults at the individual, community, and policy levels.
Person-Centered - Seeing the whole person, providing coordinated support, and treating all with dignity and respect.
Integrity – Representing the values of honesty, trust, and transparency within our community.
Compassion & Empathy – Approaching our work with a heartfelt desire to better understand and serve.
Impact – Measuring and evaluating programs to ensure that for every dollar invested, there is a positive impact in the lives of those we serve.
Inclusive – Promoting an environment that nurtures differences and allows individuals to be their entire, authentic selves.
Top Workplace Award Recipient
Serving Seniors has received the San Diego Union-Tribune’s Top Workplaces Award nine out of the ten years the awards program has taken place, and most recently for four years in a row from 2019-2022.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter data into software systems, checking to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted.
- Resolve discrepancies in information and obtain further information for incomplete documents.
- Create and manage spreadsheets with large numbers of figures.
- Configure raw data from various sources and consolidate it into master data files.
- Follow all HIPAA, HITECH, and data privacy policies and procedures.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Update existing data.
- Produce reports as needed.
- Retrieve data as requested.
- Manage the integrity of data for department-wide reporting.
- Support and provide other services and duties as required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 years of related experience in data entry or administration
- Experience working with Excel
- Experience working with databases
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Excellent understanding of Excel
- Solid understanding of the principles of database management
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to accomplish organizational goals
Working Conditions/Physical Conditions
Mostly remote position. Office offered onsite as needed.
Position is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.