Facilities Operations Maintenance
San Diego, CA
Who We Are
Established in 1970, Serving Seniors helps San Diego County’s low-income seniors overcome poverty through whole-person, wraparound support including meals, housing, health and social services, and enrichment activities. We work at numerous sites across the county and in the homes of hundreds of homebound seniors. Our flagship Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center in downtown San Diego is unlike any other senior center in the nation. Bringing together a range of supportive services under one roof, the Senior Wellness Center operates 365 days a year and offers two floors of integrated care, including health and social services, housing navigation, enrichment activities, lifelong learning, a Cyber Café and linkage to over 25 onsite direct service partners, including a senior dental center. Last fiscal year, we provided over 1,400,000 meals and coordinated services to 6,800 older adults.
Our Mission: Helping seniors in poverty live healthy and fulfilling lives.
Our Vision: All seniors, regardless of income, are able to thrive, engage in their communities, lead purposeful lives, and have a place they call home.
Our Core Values:
Advocacy - Acknowledging and supporting the needs of older adults at the individual, community, and policy-level.
Person-Centered - Seeing the whole person, providing coordinated support, and treating all with dignity and respect.
Integrity – Representing the values of honesty, trust, and transparency within our community.
Compassion & Empathy – Approaching our work with a heartfelt desire to better understand and serve.
Impact – Measuring and evaluating programs to ensure that for every dollar invested, there is a positive impact in the lives of those we serve.
Inclusive – Promoting an environment that nurtures differences and allows individuals to be their entire, authentic selves.
Top Workplace Award Recipient
Serving Seniors has received the San Diego Union-Tribune’s Top Workplaces Award nine out of the ten years the awards program has taken place, and most recently for four years in a row from 2019-2022.
This position fixes and maintains administrative offices and Facilities sites for the agency. Works with machines, mechanical equipment, and in buildings. This position will paint, repair flooring, and work on plumbing, electrical, air-conditioning, and heating systems, appliances, stairs, gates fences, tile carpet, flooring, roofing, gutters, fasteners, interior and external, locks, security and lighting, and complete associated cleaning, document work and attend safety meetings and training.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the guidelines as outlined in the employee manual.
- Conduct regular routine maintenance/cleaning schedules at Serving Seniors Facilities sites as needed.
- Work independently, moving from job to job, and documenting completion of work on required forms.
- Respond to work order requests/special cleaning instructions in a timely manner.
- Adhere to state regulations and applicable code of conduct- including OSHA regulations.
- Monitors security system and camera system as assigned
- Ensures safety and security of all building occupants to include staff, seniors, volunteers and guests
- Enforces access list as directed by Facilities Manager
- Writes incident reports and submits to Facilities Manager
- Follows established cleaning schedule and procedures including: mopping, polishing, sanitizing, painting, room set-up for events, bathroom maintenance, etc.
- Responds to accidental spills and other events that require immediate custodial response
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of maintenance & custodial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities.
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Team player who can work cooperatively with all staff toward common goals.
- Strong record-keeping ability
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner with the highest level of customer service.
- Ability to work effectively among diverse groups.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written situations.
- Proactive and problem-solving.
- Some experience with multi-family housing a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Position is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires the ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as job duties may require.
To apply, please fill out the online application here.