Nutrition Site Coordinator - Part-Time
Job Title: Nutrition Site Coordinator
Reports To: Nutrition Site Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assignment Category – Regular, Part-Time
Hours per day: 3 hrs., +/- .5 hours
Pay: $18.00 per/hour
Are you looking to make a positive impact in your local community? Do you enjoy serving individuals who are below the poverty level? Then Serving Seniors is looking for you! We are a non-profit organization that has been part of the San Diego community for over 50 years. We are always looking for individuals who have a heart for serving our older adult clients. Persons who are fulfilled by helping others. Currently we are hiring for a Part Time, Nutrition Site Coordinator. Serving Seniors requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. We have been voted one of San Diego's top places to work for 4 years and running!!
The Nutrition Site Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the dining room and kitchen at the site. The Nutrition Site Coordinator is also responsible for maintaining positive community relations and ongoing communication with the Food Service Director. The hours are approximately 10:00 Am to 2:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- Responsible for the day-to-day food service at the site
- Act as a liaison with all food service vendors
- Oversee the collection of daily meal donations
- Provide accurate daily and weekly accounting of clients-served to the Site Manager
- Act as a concierge to seniors, guests and volunteers in the dining room
- Responsible for distributing the monthly menus
- Support outreach efforts to promote program services in the community
- As a mandated reporter for Elder Abuse, report any suspicious circumstances or suspected abuse to Adult Protective Services
- Ensure all appropriate policies and procedures are followed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Previous experience in food service preferred
- Previous experience working in a kitchen or similar environment preferred
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Superior customer service skills, including the identification of customer needs and follow up to ensure those needs have been met
- Ability to develop professional, cooperative working relationships with participants, participants' family, other employees and volunteers
- Clear, neat hand-writing
- Experience working with diverse clientele
Other Developed Attributes
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Telephone Etiquette
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Computer Literate
- Ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to stand for up to 3 hours at a time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in a kitchen environment (e.g., risks due to using kitchen equipment such as heaters, stoves, etc.).
To apply, please fill out the online application here.
Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.