COVID-19 Updates and 2022 Plans
With the current omicron COVID-19 surge, Serving Seniors is implementing additional protocols for clients, staff, and volunteers to ensure the health and safety of our San Diego community remains our utmost priority throughout the new year and beyond. We maintain strict alignment with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and County of San Diego guidelines and will continue to monitor the status of the pandemic with preparations in place to make adjustments as needed.
From providing meals to combatting the effects of social isolation, our mission to help seniors in poverty live healthy and fulfilling lives remains our core focus.
Together, with your support, we will stay vigilant and hopeful in this upcoming year.
Here is a look ahead at 2022:
Continue Full Services Onsite with Additional COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- In-person congregate dining will continue at our facilities at 25% capacity with heightened social distancing by spacing out chairs and tables.
- To-go and home delivered meals remain an available option for all Serving Seniors clients.
- All Serving Seniors staff members and volunteers are required to wear KN95/N95 masks.
- Surgical masks are required to be worn by all clients and guests. KN95s are available upon request.
- Operating at 25% capacity
- Social distancing protocols in place with chairs/tables spaced apart
- For increased ventilation, certain activities will be held in outdoor spaces at our facilities.
Health and Social Services
- We have converted an outdoor space at our Gary and Mary West Senior Wellness Center which will allow seniors to continue in-person meetings with our Health & Social Services team in a safe environment. Services include assistance with housing, access to nurses, and personalized case management to meet their individual needs.
COVID-19 Booster Clinics
Working with our community partners, we will continue to host COVID-19 booster clinics to ensure clients remain healthy, safe, and have access to vaccinations at Serving Seniors facilities.
New Affordable Housing for Seniors in 2022:
- Mid-City Senior and Family Apartments: Construction is well underway for our new affordable housing community on Fairmont and El Cajon and on-track to open summer of 2022! The housing residence includes 195 units for seniors and low-income families. For more information on this housing project, click here.
- Clairemont: We are diligently working on our newest housing community located at Mt. Etna and Genesee. Both the City of San Diego and the County have given their approvals for this 162-unit complex. Our goal is break ground in 2023.
Grand Opening at Park de la Cruz Community Center
As of January 3, 2022, Serving Seniors is now providing meals at Park de la Cruz Community Center in City Heights.
- Hot, nutritious lunches available to older adults 60+ (Monday - Friday 12:00PM - 1:00PM)
- Location: 3901 Landis St, San Diego, CA 92105